Test Preparation Courses
information regarding the 2016-17 Test Prep Classes (Updates forthcoming)
The school contracts with test preparation companies to provide evening and Saturday classes for juniors and seniors who are interested in becoming better prepared for the PSAT, ACT, or SAT. Letters are sent to the homes of juniors and seniors notifying them of test prep opportunities. Information about test prep programs also appears in the student bulletin and in the parent newsletter. There is a tuition charge (which varies according to program) for these classes, and need-based financial aid may be available. Please contact the Director of Assessment and Research or your student's counselor if you have questions about test preparation.
TEST PREPARATION COMPANIES/COURSE AVAILABLE
ExcelEdge - www.exceledgeinc.com
PSAT 1520 Prep Course (September-October) - juniors only.
- Classes are Tuesday and Thursday evenings (7pm - 9pm)
- Dates: September 6, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29; October 4, 6, and 13
- Cost: $290
- Registration: Forthcoming
- ACT 36 Prep Course (January - March ) - juniors only.
RevolutionPrep - www.revolutionprep.com
ACT/SAT Prep Course
- Seniors only (September - November)
- Juniors only (dates varies) - 6 week online course. Register at www.revolutionprep.com or call 877-738-7737
Kaplan - www.kaptest.com/college
- ACT Prep Course (February 16 - April 12) - juniors only.
OTHER TEST PREPARATION RESOURCES AVAILABLE
Revolution Prep also offers two months of private tutoring that can be used for either SAT or ACT for $599. For more information, call 877.738.7737.
Your Naviance access includes free online prep for the ACT. See your counselor for details.
Khan Academy, an online resource, provides full-length practice SATs with tutorials: https://www.khanacademy.org
SAT offers online preparation which you can purchase at www.collegeboard.com/student.