The school contracts with test preparation companies to provide evening and Saturday classes for juniors and seniors who are interested in becoming better prepared for the PSAT, ACT, or SAT. Letters are sent to the homes of juniors and seniors notifying them of test prep opportunities. Information about test prep programs also appears in the student bulletin and in the parent newsletter. There is a tuition charge (which varies according to program) for these classes, and need-based financial aid may be available. Please contact the Director of Assessment and Research or your student's counselor if you have questions about test preparation.
ExcelEdge - www.exceledgeinc.com - Classes hosted at OPRF
- PSAT 1520 Prep Course (September-October 2018) Tuesdays - juniors only.
- SAT 1600 Course (January - March 2019) Wednesdays OR Saturdays - juniors only. Registration information will be available beginning in November.
- ACT 36 Prep Course (April-May 2019) - juniors only. Registration information will be available beginning in February.
Kaplan - www.kaptest.com/college - Classes hosted at OPRF
- SAT Prep Course (January - March 2019): Tuesdays - juniors only. Registration information will be available beginning in November.
RevolutionPrep - www.revolutionprep.com
- ACT or SAT Prep Course
- 6 week online course. Register at www.revolutionprep.com or call 877-738-7737
Free Online SAT Prep Available Through Khan Academy
Khan Academy, a free online resource, provides full-length practice SATs with tutorials: https://www.khanacademy.org. Any student with prior results from a PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, or PSAT 8/9 can link the results to Khan Academy and get a personalized study plan to address areas for improvement. Click here for step-by-step directions.