Dear Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2023:
Welcome to Oak Park and River Forest High School District 200! We are looking forward to seeing you at our mandatory Incoming Freshman Enrollment Information Meetings. This is when you will receive your student’s various test scores and course recommendations. The date you attend is determined by your student’s last name:
- • Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium, for last names A – K
• Thursday, January 24, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium, for last names L – Z
Below are the steps required to enroll your student for the 2019-20 school year. Our goal is to have your student attending classes the first day of school in August. To ensure that this happens, you must complete these steps:
1. Submit Course Selection Form to Counselor during the Open House evening on February 5th.
During the Open House on February 5th, you will attend a course selection meeting with your student’s counselor. Please plan on being in attendance from 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
2. Complete Online Enrollment & Residency Verification (June)
Further instructions will be mailed and emailed in the Spring.
3. Submit Health Records (deadline: October 15th)
- • Have physician/health care provider complete the State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form. If student requires medication during the school day, you also must have the Medication Authorization Form completed. Submit forms to OPRFHS Health Services.
• Students planning to participate in athletics should have the Certificate of Child Health Examination Form completed after June 1, 2019, to ensure athletic eligibility for the entire year. Students who will participate in a fall sport must turn in physicals BEFORE August 1st. NOTE: Illinois High School Association (IHSA) forms are not necessary for freshmen and will NOT be accepted in lieu of the Certificate of Child Health Examination Form.
The Freshman Course Selection Meetings will be incorporated with the Class of 2023 Open House on Tuesday, February 5, from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Representatives of all academic programs, clubs, athletic teams and parent organizations will be ready to welcome you and your child to the high school, provide information and answer a wide array of questions. The building will also be open for self-guided tours.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact my office. And again, welcome!