This letter from Principal Nate Rouse is being mailed to incoming-freshman families this week.
Dear Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2017,
Welcome to Oak Park and River Forest High School District 200! We are looking forward to seeing you next week at our Mandatory Incoming Freshman Enrollment Information Meetings. This is when you will receive your student’s EXPLORE test scores and course recommendations. The date you attend is determined by your student’s last name:
- Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium, for last names A – L
- Wednesday, January 16, 7:00 p.m., Auditorium, for last names M – Z
Below are the steps required to enroll your student. For the 2013-2014 school year, we are debuting a new online enrollment process. Our goal is to have your student attending classes the first day of school in August. To ensure that this happens, you must complete these steps:
1. Enroll Online (deadline: February 1, 2013)
Go to www.enrollment.oprfhs.org between Tuesday, January 22, and Friday, February 1, and fill in required information. A computer is available in our Welcome Center (just inside the Main Entrance) Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. If you would like one-on-one assistance, please contact Parent Outreach Coordinator Debra Mittleman at 708-434-3806 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Online enrollment must be completed prior to course selection for incoming freshmen on February 5 and 6.
2. Submit Course Selection Form to Counselor (deadline: February 14, 2013)
After attending the course selection meeting with your student’s counselor on either February 5 or 6, submit Course Selection Form to counselor by February 14.
3. Verify Residency (deadline to be announced)
In early spring, you will receive information about submitting paperwork for residency verification.
4. Submit Health Records (deadline: June 28)
- Forms mailed to parents in early spring.
- Have physician/health care provider complete the State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination Form. If student requires medication during the school day, you also must have the Medication Authorization Form completed. Submit forms to OPRFHS Health Services, to the attention of Mary Ellen Sjostrom.
- Students planning to participate in athletics should have the Certificate of Child Health Examination Form completed after June 1, 2013, to ensure athletic eligibility for the entire year. NOTE: Illinois High School Association (IHSA) forms are not necessary for freshmen and will not be accepted in lieu of the Certificate of Child Health Examination Form.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact my office. And again, welcome!