Oak Park and River Forest High school is pleased to announce that John Terretta, OPRF varsity assistant coach of Boys Lacrosse, and Alana Breen, OPRF junior varsity head coach of Girls Lacrosse, have been appointed as the Huskies’ new head Boys Lacrosse and Girls Lacrosse coaches, starting with the 2014 season.
John Terretta has taught in the Special Education Division at OPRF for the past 10 years, and his coaching accolades include:
- Coaching in the OPRFHS boys lacrosse program for 10 years
- Previously serving as the freshmen and junior varsity head coach
- Serving as the varsity assistant coach in 2013
- Serving as director of the Boys Lacrosse Summer Camp program
Alana Breen is a 2006 graduate of OPRFHS, and her lacrosse accolades include:
- Playing four years in the Girls Lacrosse program at OPRF
- Serving as captain her senior year and receiving academic all-American status her junior and senior years
- Coaching in the OPRF Girls Lacrosse program for four years
- Serving as junior varsity head coach in 2013
- Serving as assistant director of the Girls Lacrosse Summer Camp program
"We are thrilled to have the opportunity to promote two excellent coaches from our current staffs to these head coaching positions,” Athletic Director John Stelzer said. “We always want to hire coaches with high energy and experience who have a passion for coaching at OPRFHS. We know that John and Alana have those qualities.”
Both teams currently are participating in the post-season play-offs. However, Mr. Terretta and Ms. Breen will begin the transition process immediately after the season and throughout the summer camp programs.