Dear OPRF High School Students, Staff, and Families,
With the National Weather Service predicting blizzard conditions in Cook County until 9:00 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 26, there is the possibility that tomorrow’s classes, before- and after-school activities, on-site meetings, etc., may be canceled.
The safety of students and staff is our top priority. In cases of severe weather, our commitment, along with Districts 90 and 97, is to try to make a determination on closing by 8:00 p.m. the night before. (Click here to see this information on our website.) However, sometimes conditions require additional monitoring overnight before we can make a final decision. That is the case tonight.
We will be tracking weather conditions closely. If they deteriorate and/or snow accumulates to the point where we do decide to close school, we will let you know via email and robo-call no later than 5:30 a.m. tomorrow morning.
Thank you for your patience, and please be safe on the roads this evening.
Dr. Joylynn Pruitt-Adams