State testing will take place in two windows this year. The information here updates earlier communications about the March PARCC tests. The state has revised some aspects of the PARCC test window, which will allow us to begin PARCC testing on Tuesday, March 3. Updated information appears below in boldface.
Tuesday, March 3
• No classes will meet.
• Freshmen will take the PARCC Performance Based Assessment (PBA) in English Language Arts (ELA). Freshmen will not take the PLAN test. Dismissal for students will be approximately 2:30. We will provide lunch to all students at no cost.
• Sophomores will take an Instructional ACT (I-ACT). Dismissal for standard time testing will be approximately 12:15; students with extended time accommodations will finish later.
• Juniors will take the ACT Plus Writing. Dismissal for standard time testing will be approximately 1:00; students with extended time accommodations will finish later.
• Seniors will not attend school.
Wednesday, March 4
• Most students will attend classes on a regular schedule.
• All students enrolled in Algebra 1-2, regardless of grade level, will take the PARCC Performance Based Assessment (PBA) in Algebra I.
o Most of these students are freshmen.
o Upon completion of the PARCC Algebra I test, students will resume their normal class schedule for the rest of the day.
March 16, 17, and 18 will be instructional days with no PARCC testing.
Beginning Tuesday, February 24th, students will receive their room assignments via their student email address (a reminder email will be sent to them on Monday, March 2). Students are to report to their testing location no later than 8:00am. They will need to bring their calculator, #2 pencils and their school ID. Students taking the ACT can get information about permissible calculators by clicking here.
STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BRING THEIR CELL PHONES INTO THE TESTING AREA. Please reinforce this restriction with your child. Phones should stay at home or be locked in lockers during testing.