Huskie Football is having a terrific season, with a record of 5-0 so far. The excitement has spread, and last week we had a sellout home game for only the third time since the stadium lights were installed in 2009.
We’re thrilled so many community members are coming out to support the team. We also know that the sellout was frustrating for those who came late. Unfortunately, unlike many other high schools in our conference, we have a vintage stadium that does not include an area for standing-room only. In anticipation of future sellouts, we want to share some information to ensure a safe experience for our spectators.
- We must close the stadium when it reaches capacity. The stadium holds roughly 4,500 on the home side and 500 on the visitor side. Determining when we’ve reached capacity is an inexact science, given that students, pass holders, and faculty and staff do not need tickets to enter at the pass gate.
- OPRF security and athletics staff and the Oak Park police will notify those waiting in line that we have ended ticket sales.
- Both the ticket-holders and pass-holders gates will be closed.
- No more spectators, including pass-holders, will be admitted for the remainder of the game. We are unable to track the number of guests who leave the stadium throughout the game and therefore will remain closed.
- Spectators must leave the Mall. Safety codes require that the Mall remain clear for emergency vehicles.
- Spectators must leave the ticket booth on Lake Street. Safety codes require the sidewalk to remain clear.
A few tips:
- Ticket sales and the stadium open at 4:30 p.m. Sophomores play at 5:00 p.m.
- You may buy your ticket and return later—but we cannot guarantee entry when you return, because the number of entrants at the pass-holders gate is unpredictable.
- Faculty and staff do not need to wait in the ticket line. Go to the pass-holder’s gate, show your ID, and—as long as we are not at capacity—you’re in!
- A Huskie Booster Pass allows you to enter for free at the pass-holder’s gate, where the line is much shorter. You can purchase a pass online or at the Bookstore.