OPRFHS Library Program Mission and Goals Statement
The mission of the OPRFHS library program is to promote a culture of learning for the development of students who are literate, ethical, resourceful, and independent learners.
To achieve this mission the following goals have been established:
- To support the information needs of all students, recognizing a wide range of learning abilities, styles, and needs
- To promote reading for all students
- To select, acquire, and manage library resources that are racially equitable and that support curricular and recreational activities.
- To promote collaborative planning with teachers
- To promote the development of information literacy and technology skills through individual and group instruction
- To provide an inviting and safe physical and virtual environment for the library program
- To communicate regularly about the library program
- To create opportunities for articulation with the librarians at the middle schools and public libraries
- To promote the ethics, values, and foundational principles of the library and information profession