College Planning Timeline
- Freshman Year College Planning Timeline
- Sophomore Year College Planning Timeline
- Junior Year College Planning Timeline
- Senior Year College Planning Timeline
Colleges, Universities, Vocational Schools
- Alphabetical List of US Universities
- American College Testing (ACT) - Online registration and test dates
- The College Board (SAT) - Online registration and test dates
- College Callers - College scheduled to visit OPRF
- CollegeSource - Listing of college catalogs and course descriptions
- Community Colleges - 2 year colleges listed by state
- GoCollege - virtual tours, finding match schools and online practice tests
- Princeton Review Online - College rankings
- Vocational Schools - Private post secondary schools listed by state
The following links will provide students with information that allows them to research careers, helping them make connections between things they are learning in school and the jobs they will pursue in the future.
- The Black Collegian - Career site for students of color
- Guides for Specific Careers
- Illinois Career Center
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Federal Student Aid, an office of the U. S. Department of Education, ensures that all eligible individuals can benefit from federally funded or federally guaranteed financial assistance for education beyond high school.
- (ISAC) Student information – Financial Aid for a College Education, FAFSA on the Web, College Awareness and Preparation, Mapping Your Future, and Federal Student Aid Information For Students
- (ISAC) Parent information – FTC Scholarship Scams Site, College Awareness and Preparation, Mapping Your Future, and Federal Student Aid Information for Parents
The following links help locate scholarships, internships, grants, and loans that match your education level, talents, and background.
The following links provide comprehensive job and career information including: career counseling, job and resume web sites, networking and contact information, and interview preparation.