About Our School
Welcome to Oak Park and River Forest High School! We are a comprehensive public high school located in Oak Park, Ill., a suburb eight miles due west of downtown Chicago. We are a one-school district, with the majority of our students coming from two sender districts, River Forest Public Schools District 90 and Oak Park Elementary School District 97.
We offer more than 200 courses, a variety of programs for students with special needs, 90 clubs and activities, and 29 competitive sports. We prepare our students well for post-secondary success, with an average ACT composite score of 24 and a 94% graduation rate.
Oak Park and River Forest are communities that highly value diversity. OPRFHS is a founding member of the national Minority Student Achievement Network, and our school is racially diverse. We are economically diverse as well, with a significant mix of homeowners and renters. Our villages have also long embraced the LGBTQ community.
We seek faculty and staff who have high expectations for all students, and who value student voice in education. As a school, we are particularly focused on closing opportunity gaps for our students of color.
Oak Park and River Forest High School provides a dynamic, supportive learning environment that cultivates knowledge, skills, and character and strives for equity and excellence for all students.
Oak Park and River Forest High School will become an ever-improving model of equity and excellence that will enable all students to achieve their full potential.
- We believe all students are capable of high levels of academic and social success.
- We embrace our diversity and believe race, income, gender, and learning differences should not predict success.
- We believe trusting, collaborative relationships and strong communication establish a safe and respectful school community.
- We believe an excellent educational environment cultivates curiosity, imagination, character, leadership, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- We believe in allocating resources in equitable, transparent, and purposeful ways.
- We believe in adult learning and leadership that supports equity and excellence for all students.
- We believe in providing academic and social supports for all students.
Dr. Greg Johnson