Revenue: Where does the money come from?
District 200 revenue comes from the following sources:
- Local property taxes: The greatest source of District 200 income.
- Other local sources: Student fees, other local tax collections, cafeteria receipts, instructional materials fee, earnings on investments, and miscellaneous revenues.
- State revenue: Comprises two types of funding sources:
- Unrestricted aid: Amount is based on a formula and is intended to guarantee that all districts have available a certain amount of money per student.
- Restricted aid: Distributed to school districts through categorical grants designed to support mandated programs, such as Special Education and free and reduced lunch.
- Federal grants: Restricted for a specific purpose or need, such as reimbursement for free and reduced lunch, Title 1 programs, and special education.