On April 12, 2023, OPRF High School held a presentation about school safety, followed by small group discussions where roughly 100 participants were asked to provide their questions and suggestions. Click here for the follow-up report.
The mission of the Campus Safety department is to support Oak Park and River Forest High School in providing a safe and secure environment for students and staff that is conducive to learning. The department works to identify and address safety concerns inside of schools, while collaborating with partners such as school administration, the Oak Park Police Department, parents, and community stakeholders to identify risks in the community that could affect the safety of our school. The department also uses a holistic approach to safety and school climate that relies on restorative and proactive safety strategies inside and outside of the building.
The Campus Safety department will:
- Maintain security coverage in school and around campus.
- Monitor entrances and visitor check-in.
- Assist students and staff with conflict resolution.
- Provide security at various school events.
- Manage the school's lost and found.
- Coordinate school safety drills.
- Oversee the school's safety plan and safety committee.
- Respond to crisis incidents, alarms, or disturbances on campus.
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies and first responders.
- Assist in resolving district emergency maintenance issues that occur after hours or weekends.
- Arrange traffic safety services during the school day and at various school events.
24/7 Anonymous Hotlines for OPRFHS students
To report safety, or crime related concerns, such as bullying, drugs, online threats, fights, weapons, theft, etc., text 274637 and use the keyword OPRF at the beginning, followed by a detailed message.
To talk to someone about your or a friend’s feelings of sadness, confusion, anger, despair, etc., text the word CARE to (844) 670-5838 to access the Support4U hotline.
Hours of Operation:
7:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
24 hours, 7 days per week