The communications department oversees media relations, publicity, internal and external communications, the weekly HuskiEmail e-newsletter and other publications, social media, website content, and more.
Stay connected with #oprfhs on social media. Follow us on Facebook (@oprfhshuskies), Twitter (@oprfhshuskies), and Instagram (@oprfhs_huskies), and subscribe to our YouTube channel. View our social media guidelines here.
Campus Tours for Prospective Families
- What is a campus tour? An OPRFHS guided campus tour is meant to provide a general overview and history of the school's facilities for prospective families and transfer students. Tours do not include shadowing students, classroom visits, or visits with faculty or coaches.
- How do I schedule a campus tour? Campus tours take place on the third Thursday of every month during the regular school year, September through May. To schedule a campus tour, please complete the registration form. You will be contacted via email approximately one week before your chosen tour date to confirm your tour. Accommodations are not guaranteed for any tour dates chosen less than one week prior to said date. Please do not consider your tour to be officially scheduled until you receive a confirmation email.
- What if none of the tour dates work for me? If you are unable to attend any of the scheduled tour dates, please email Communications and Community Relations Coordinator Jackie McGoey at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an alternate date with at least one week's notice. Accomodating your request will depend on the availability of communications department staff and events on the school calendar (e.g., all-school testing, special bell schedules, etc.) *Important: Last-minute visits/walk-ins will not be accomodated.*
- What should I know before visiting for my campus tour? Tours will begin promptly at their scheduled time and will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. Please wear comfortable shoes. If you will need any special accomodations during the tour (e.g., use of an elevator), please indicate what those are on the registration form. Additional information, including how to get to OPRFHS, where to park, etc., will be shared in your confirmation email.
- My student is an 8th grader at a feeder school. Is this tour right for me? Families of current 8th graders at Brooks, Julian, Roosevelt, and local private and parochial schools (e.g., St. Giles) are encouraged to take advantage of the 8th grade tours in the fall, which are hosted by the OPRFHS Student Activities and Student Services departments. Please contact your middle school for more details.
- I am an OPRFHS alum. Is this tour right for me? The purpose of this tour is to give prospective families and transfer students a better idea of what attending OPRFHS will be like. Alumni are encouraged to contact the Alumni Association office for tour information specifically for them, including reunion tours.
- Who can I contact before my tour if I have specific questions? For tour-related questions, email Communications and Community Relations Coordinator Jackie McGoey at email@example.com. For all other questions, view our 'I Have a Question' doc to find the appropriate contact.