Facilities Master Plan Project 1
In June 2020, Oak Park and River Forest High School began the most significant renovations to its campus in 50 years. The district is working with FGM Architects to design Facilities Master Plan Project 1, which will include construction/renovation of the following:
- General education classrooms
- Classrooms, kitchen, laundry area, sensory room, and ADA-compliant restroom for the Special Education TEAM (Transitional Education with Access to the Mainstream) program
- First phase of student commons (east first, second, and third floors)
- Student resource center (library and tutoring center)
- South Cafeteria
- Main entrance
- All-gender restrooms
- Three science labs
- Daycare facilities (infant room)
- ADA-compliant elevator in the north end of the building
This portion of the project has a cost of $32,631,500. Funding has come from existing cash reserves, which avoids a tax increase to property owners and preserves the district’s debt-free status.
Project 1 also includes $16 million in capital improvements and $5.1 million in Health/Life Safety work.
For more information, see the links to the right.
* To view timelapse video via the construction cam, follow these steps:
Click the Construction Cam button above, or click here.
Click the three lines on the top left of the page.
Click the play button at the top middle of the page.
Click the play button at the bottom left of the page.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.