Test Preparation Courses
The school contracts with test preparation companies to provide evening and Saturday classes for juniors and seniors who are interested in becoming better prepared for the PSAT, ACT, or SAT. Letters are emailed to guardians of juniors and seniors notifying them of test prep opportunities. Information about test prep programs also appears in the student bulletin and in the parent newsletter. There is a tuition charge (which varies according to program) for these classes, and need-based financial aid may be available. Please contact the Mrs. Mayra Delgado Testing Specialist or your student's counselor if you have questions about test preparation.
Free Online SAT Prep Available Through Khan Academy
Khan Academy, a free online resource, provides full-length practice SATs with tutorials:https://www.khanacademy.org. Any student with prior results from a PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, or PSAT 8/9 can link the results to Khan Academy and get a personalized study plan to address areas for improvement. Click here for step-by-step directions.
ExcelEdge Inc. - Offers three prep courses.
- SAT 1600 - Registration is now CLOSED. If you are interested in signing up SAT 1600 reach out to ExcelEdge directly at (219) 838-0740.
- Course begins February 1- April 3, 2021 The eight-week online test preparation program is designed for college-bound juniors taking the SAT for college/univeristy admission. Prep course covers all SAT test content including Critical Reading, Writing Skills, and Math practice. Program will meet once a week with flexible days and times.
Monday Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Dates: 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22 or 3/29
Tuesday Time: 4:00 - 6:00 PM or 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Dates: 2/2, 2/9, 2/16, 2/23, 3/2, 3/9, 3/16, 3/23 or 3/30
Wednesday Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM or 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Dates: 2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24, 3/3, 3/10, 3/17, 3/24 or 3/31
Thursday Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Dates: 2/4, 2/11, 2/18, 2/25, 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25 or 4/1
Saturday Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Dates: 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27 or 4/3
Select the links below to learn more about the SAT 1600 program and offering.
- ACT 36 April-May 2020 Is designed to prepare students for the June ACT exam for college-bound juniors takint the ACT for college/university admission. Classes meet once a week for two hourse over an eight to nine week period.
- PSAT 1520 - PSAT 1520 is a test preparation program preparing 11th grade students for the PSAT/NMSQT and preparing them to achieve the National Merit Scholarship. The key areas focus are Reading, Writing and Language, and Mathematics. Classes are offered end of August - October.
RevolutionPrep - www.revolutionprep.com
- ACT or SAT Prep Course
- 6 week online course. Register at www.revolutionprep.com or call 877-738-7737