Test Preparation Courses
The school contracts with test preparation companies to provide evening and Saturday classes for juniors and seniors who are interested in becoming better prepared for the PSAT, ACT, or SAT. Letters are emailed to guardians of juniors and seniors notifying them of test prep opportunities. Information about test prep programs also appears in the student bulletin and in the parent newsletter. There is a tuition charge (which varies according to program) for these classes, and need-based financial aid may be available. Please contact the Director of Assessment and Research or your student's counselor if you have questions about test preparation.
Free Online SAT Prep Available Through Khan Academy
Khan Academy, a free online resource, provides full-length practice SATs with tutorials:https://www.khanacademy.org. Any student with prior results from a PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, or PSAT 8/9 can link the results to Khan Academy and get a personalized study plan to address areas for improvement. Click here for step-by-step directions.
ExcelEdge - Offers three on-site prep courses.
- PSAT 1520 - PSAT 1520 is a test preparation program preparing 11th grade students for the PSAT/NMSQT and preparing them to achieve the National Merit Scholarship. The key areas focus are Reading, Writing and Language, and Mathematics. Classes are offered September - October.
- SAT 1600 - February - April 2020 Is an eight-week test preparation program designed for college-bound juniors taking the SAT for college/univeristy admission. Prep course covers all SAT test content including Critical Reading, Writing Skills, and Math practice. PSAT 1600 offers two sessions Saturday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and Wednesdays aftershool 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday evening 6:45 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. Registration is now open! Click here to register through the WebStore.
- Ways to register:
- Visit the Webstore by selecting Testing, select a class option and check out your cart. (No registration form need to be filled out.)
- Fill out Registration form and return check to Mrs. Delgado in room 225
- Fill out Registration form and turn in full payment to Bookstore during business hours 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m
- Ways to register:
- ACT 36 April-May 2020 Is designed to prepare students for the June ACT exam for college-bound juniors takint the ACT for college/university admission. Classes meet once a week for two hourse over an eight to nine week period.
RevolutionPrep - www.revolutionprep.com
- ACT or SAT Prep Course
- 6 week online course. Register at www.revolutionprep.com or call 877-738-7737