About Safety and Security
The mission of the Safety and Security Department is to support Oak Park and River Forest High School in providing a safe and secure environment for students and staff that is conducive to learning. Our team works to identify and address safety concerns inside of schools, while collaborating with partners such as School Administration, Oak Park Police Department, Parents and Community Stakeholders to also identify risks in the community that could affect the safety of our schools. The team uses a holistic approach to safety and school climate that relies on restorative and proactive safety strategies inside and outside of the building.
The Safety and Security Department provides the following services:
- Provide security coverage in school and around campus
- Monitor entrances and visitor check-in
- Assist students and staff with conflict resolution
- Provide security at various school events
- Manage the school's lost and found
- Coordinate school safety drills
- Oversee the school's safety plan and safety committee
- Respond to crisis incidents, alarms or disturbances on campus
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies and first responders
- Assist in resolving district emergency maintenance issues that occur after hours or weekends
- Arrange traffic safety services during the school day and at various school events
24/7 Anonymous Hotlines for OPRF Students
To report safety, or crime related concerns, such as bullying, drugs, online threats, fights, weapons, theft, etc., Text 274637. Text this number and use the keyword OPRF at the beginning, followed by a detailed text message.
To talk to someone about your or a friend’s feelings of sadness, confusion, anger, despair, etc., Text the word CARE to 844-670-5838, a Support4U hotline.
Hour of Operation:
- 24 hours, 7 days per week