2021-2022 COVID-19 Dashboard
Area Transmission Rates
- Local: To check case data for Oak Park and River Forest, visit Northwestern University's dashboard and enter the four local ZIP codes (60301, 60302, 60304, and 60305).
- CDC COVID-19 County Check: CDC looks at a combination of three metrics to rank the level of COVID-19 in the community as low, medium, or high. To find the CDC's current rating for all U.S. counties, click here. The metrics being used are:
- New COVID-19 admissions per 100,000 population in the past seven days.
- The percent of staffed inpatient beds occupied by COVID-19 patients.
- Total new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 population in the past seven days.
- Cook County: To check data and the community level rating just for Cook County, click here.
OPRF High School Vaccination Rates
Earlier in the pandemic, the overall target for approaching herd immunity was 70% of our population fully vaccinated. However, the Delta variant changed the equation to 90% or higher. Although booster shots are available, the CDC still defines a person as being "fully vaccinated" two weeks following the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna or the single dose of Johnson & Johnson.
Vaccination Status of Positive Cases
*Does not include weeks of Dec. 17 - 23 or Dec. 24 - 30 due to winter break, nor March 25 - 31 due to spring break.
Weekly Exclusion Counts
The dashboard below will be updated on Fridays by 4 p.m., with counts from the preceding Friday through Thursday. Please note that the weekly counts reflect ONLY the new cases that were identified during that particular week. The figures do not reflect positive cases or quarantining persons who were identified in a previous week and may still be in isolation or quarantine. UPDATE: Per the state, as of Feb. 18, 2022, asymptomatic close contacts are no longer required to quarantine, regardless of vaccination status.