Freshman medical forms due OCTOBER 15, 2019 for 2019-2020 school year. Please submit forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Health Services
The Oak Park and River Forest High School Health Services department believes that students are better able to reach their academic potential when they are at their best health.
The Health Services office is located in room 234, and is staffed with two full-time Master’s educated, Certified School Nurses, one part-time Bachelor’s prepared nurse and one full-time Office Manager.
The Health Services office provides the following services:
- Evaluate and provide care for students who are ill or injured during the school day.
- Manage medication administration as dictated by students’ physicians.
- Referral to community resources.
- Screening of vision and hearing as mandated by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE).
- Provide elevator access to those students with a qualifying note from their physician.
- Monitor compliance with Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) physical exam and immunization guidelines.
- Maintain school health records as mandated by the IDPH and ISBE.
- Monitor and maintain functionality of the 13 AEDs in the school.
- Collaborate with School Social Workers and School Psychologists in providing social-emotional support to students in need of such services.
- Advise and guide per ISBE ruling, and on as-needed basis, on Individualized Education Plans and Section 504 plans.
HEAD SCHOOL NURSE
Julee Terretta, MSN, RN, PEL-CSN
Natalie Yorty, BSN, RN
HEALTH SERVICES OFFICE MANAGER
Office location: Room 234