Dear OPRF High School Community,
As of this morning, Google has been experiencing service issues that has caused Google Classroom to be unresponsive or slow. We will be monitoring the situation closely, and will inform you of any changes. We appreciate your patience.
In addition, THANK YOU for all you are doing to support the school and one another as we navigate this unprecedented time. From what I’m seeing on social media and hearing in conversations--from several feet away, of course!--our local community is pulling together and showing tremendous kindness and care for one another.
To that end, many parents have asked for support in conveying to their children information about the importance of social distancing. As both a mom and a high school administrator, I found this article really helpful: “Social Distancing: This is Not a Snow Day.”
Here are some basic tips you may find helpful to share.
- Gather in large groups.
- Visit each other’s homes or have sleepovers.
- Share food or drink.
- Be at home as much as possible.
- Try to limit whom you interact with to the same people you typically are around.
- Keep following the practice of washing your hands regularly and covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or elbow.
- Try to keep 6-10 feet between yourself and others. Give yourself space.
- Spend time outside. Fresh air and and taking a walk are two of the best things you can do over the next few weeks.
- Avoid excessive media coverage of Covid-19.
- Be mindful. Take deep breaths, stretch, meditate. Try to eat healthfully, move regularly, and get plenty of sleep.
- Use technology and social media for good purposes and connection. Support one another and show that you care.
The coming weeks will be challenging, but I and the rest of the district team are confident that our community can come together to slow the spread of illness by exhibiting the most healthful and safe practices possible.
Please take care and stay well.
Executive Director of Communications & Community Relations