Good afternoon, everyone!
Parent teacher conferences are next week on Wednesday, October 7, and Thursday, October 8. In order to provide a structured experience for parent teacher conferences during remote learning, we have partnered with PowerPTC to provide a platform for scheduling.
This email provides all the information you need to sign up and attend conferences, so please take time to go through it carefully.
First, the schedule for conferences is below.
Schedule for Oct. 7 and Oct. 8
|Wed., Oct. 7||Regular class schedule for students, with no advisory. This is a B day.||Conferences 4:30 – 7:31 p.m.|
|Th., Oct. 8||
No classes for students.
Conferences 11:15 a.m. – 2:59 p.m.
|Conferences 4:30 – 7:31 p.m.|
|Fri., Oct. 9||Building Closed -- No School|
Second, there are two steps you’ll need to take to schedule conferences. A complete guide to these steps can be found here. An abridged version along with dates and times for the steps can be found below.
Step One: Activate Your Account in PowerPTC
Later today, you will receive an activation email from PowerPTC. You will be able to follow the links in that email to activate your account. For a step-by-step guide, including images of what the process looks like, please click here. You must activate your account in order to schedule conferences.
Step Two: Scheduling Conferences
Beginning tomorrow morning, October 1, at 7:30 a.m. you will be able to log back in to PowerPTC and schedule conferences for each of your student’s teachers. Once you select a teacher and timeslot for conferences, you will get access to a Zoom or Google Meet address for your session. A few tips for a successful conference experience:
- Conference sign-up ends on October 6 at 3 p.m. We won’t be able to get you into the system after this point, so please be sure to schedule sessions by then.
- Please be on time! Unlike during in-person conferences, it will be very difficult if not impossible for our teachers to “squeeze you in” if you’re late.
- We have built in a 1-minute transition between conferences. In order to help our teachers move along with their schedules, we have asked them to stop each conference on time. Please be receptive to teachers ending a conversation, even if there is more you’d like to share or discuss. If needed, our teachers will be very willing to talk with you outside of the scheduled conference time.
- If for some reason, you find that a teacher doesn’t have a link to Zoom or Google Meet, please go ahead and schedule a conference regardless. We will make sure you have the link before conferences.
- If a teacher’s slots are filled, and you would still like to talk with them, please reach out to them via email to find a time to do so.
Our HelpDesk folks are ready to help you if you have any questions or struggle with any of the steps above.
Hours for conference support: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To email: PTC@oprfhs.org
To speak by phone: 708-434-3672
Thanks for your time and Go Huskies!