Dear Junior Class and Families,
On April 13th and 14th, all juniors will be required to take the SAT School Day assessment with NO essay and the Illinois Science Assessment (ISA), respectively. SAT School Day continues to be a graduation requirement for the junior class. Students who miss the SAT will be scheduled for makeup testing on April 27th. Students who do not attend the makeup date will be scheduled to take the SAT School Day in April 2022.
The federal-required ISA aligns with the new Illinois Learning Standards in Science. The ISA represents Illinois’ commitment to preparing all students for college and careers, including in the high-demand science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.
Preparing for Exam Day:
- The SAT Student Guide is now available digitally here. Student guides can also be picked up a copy in the Welcome Center Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Review page 49 SAT terms and conditions. You will also have the opportunity to choose up to four colleges or universities to send your scores for free when you take the SAT School Day (Optional).
- Khan Academy SAT Test Prep is a great way to practice for free by customized online learning, instructional videos, practice skills, and even take full-length practice exams.
- Need to borrow a school graphing calculator for exam day? Fill out a request to have a graphing calculator provided during testing here.
- Test is digital and requires a fully charged OPRFHS-issued Chromebook
- Test will take 2-3 hours
- Bring your own calculator. Click here for a list of acceptable calculators.
- No exam makeup date
Saliva testing is required for all students who enter the building. To be eligible to test, follow this process:
- Parent/guardian provides consent in Skyward. Click here for instructions on how to give consent through Skyward. (Having trouble accessing your Skyward Family Access account? Email email@example.com.)
- Pick up your saliva test kit prior to April 8. Kits available to be picked up Mondays-Fridays, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Enter through the Welcome Center door #4. NOTE: The consent form must be completed in order to pick up a test kit.
- Collect your saliva sample. Instructions can be found by clicking here. VERY IMPORTANT: Barcode label must be placed on the vial vertically.
- Drop off your saliva sample at any of the seven drop-off locations on Thursday, April 8, or Friday, April 9, before 5:00 p.m. Click here for drop box locations.
- On the morning of exam day, fill out the Health Self-Certification. The first parent listed in Skyward will receive the Health Self-Certification email daily at 4:00 a.m.
Failure to follow saliva test directions or failing the Health Self-Certification will make students ineligible to come into the building on test day.
More information about saliva testing can be found here. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org. For expedited email response, use subject line: SAT assessment. Responses to your saliva test questions will be made Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Exam day arrival time, room assignments, and assigned entrance door will be shared one week before exam day by email.
- All students must follow the three W’s: Wear a mask. Watch your distance. Wash your hands.
If you have questions, please email Mayra Delgado at email@example.com.