Parent-teacher conferences are on Wednesday, October 27 and Thursday, October 28. In order to provide a structured experience for our remote parent-teacher conferences, we have partnered with PowerPTC again to provide a platform for scheduling.
Below are the details to help prepare you for Parent-Teacher Conferences.
|Wed., Oct. 27||
Adjusted bell schedule, no Advisory.
Conferences 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
|Thurs., Oct. 28||
No classes for students.
Conferences 11:15 a.m. - 3 p.m. and 4:30 - 7:30 p.m.
|Fri., Oct. 29||
Building closed -- No school.
- Step One - Activate Your Account in PowerPTC: There are two steps you’ll need to take to first activate your account and then schedule conferences. A complete guide to these steps can be found here. An abridged version along with dates and times for the steps can be found below. On October 14, you will receive an activation email from PowerPTC. You will follow the links in that email to activate your account. You must activate your account first in order to schedule conferences.
- Step Two - Schedule Conferences: On October 18 at 8:00 a.m. you will be able to log back into PowerPTC and schedule conferences with each of your student’s teachers. Once you select a teacher and timeslot for conferences, you will get access to a Zoom link for your session. A few tips for a successful conference experience:
- Conference sign-up ends on October 22 at 5 p.m. We won’t be able to get you into the system after this point, so please be sure to schedule sessions by then.
- If for some reason, you find that a teacher doesn’t have a link to Zoom, please go ahead and schedule a conference regardless. We will make sure you have the link before conferences.
- If a teacher’s appointments are filled, and you would still like to talk with them, please reach out to them via email to determine an alternate day/time to do so.
We have built in 1-minute transitions between conferences. In order to help our teachers keep their schedules moving along, we have asked them to stop each conference on time. Please be receptive to teachers ending a conversation on time. If needed, teachers can arrange alternate dates to reconnect.
Our PTC Support folks are ready to help you if you have any questions or struggle with any of the steps above.
Hours for conference support: Monday-Friday, 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
To email: PTC@oprfhs.org
To access school PTC Support Chat: www.oprfhs.org/chat
Thank you and we look forward to having you participate in our remote parent teacher conferences!