- Build strong academic, language, mathematics and critical thinking skills by taking challenging courses.
- Study hard and get excellent grades.
- Meet regularly with your counselor, to discuss your four year plan and when you have questions.
- Seek out help from your teachers when you have questions.
- Find a buddy in every class who you can rely on to call, if you miss class or have questions about homework.
- Strengthen your vocabulary by increasing your reading.
- Become involved in co-curricular activities.
- Complete “Do What You Are”, “Explore Careers” and “Explore Interests” in Naviance.
- Browse through college literature or the Web to get an idea of what kinds of schools may be of interest to you.
- Check out what high school courses colleges require.
- Know NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) requirements if you want to play sports in college.
- Keep an academic portfolio and co-curricular record.
- Research career possibilities.
- Begin saving money for college.