Personal Helpline

Need help dealing with a personal issue? Please contact one of the resources below.

Alcohol and Drugs 
OPRF Prevention and Wellness Coordinator: Ms. Colamussi:, Room 308, 708-434-3729

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration 24/7 hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Domestic Violence
Sarah's Inn 24/7 crisis hotline: 708-386-4225

Eating Disorders
National Eating Disorders Association Helpline: 1-800-931-2237

Emotional Issues
Text the word CARE to 844-670-5838 to talk to someone about your or a friend's feelings of sadness, confusion, anger, despair, etc.

Family Issues
Contact your counselor (click here for contact info) or one of the OPRF social workers, listed to the right.

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender National Hotline: 888-843-4564

GLBT National Youth Talkline (youth serving youth through age 25): (800) 246-7743

The Trevor Project 24/7 LGBTQ Youth Suicide Hotline: 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386). Also has online chatting available on its website.

OPRF Anonymous Text Hotline
Text 274637 and type #OPRF at the beginning of your message. Available 24/7 for reporting anything that may affect student safety.

Pregnancy, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Other Issues Related to Sexual Health
American Sexual Health Association's STD Hotline: 919-361-8488
CDC-INFO Hotline: 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636)
Planned Parenthood Hotline: 800-230-PLAN (7526)

Chicago Rape Crisis Hotline: 888-293-2080
Rape Victims Advocates (RVA): 312-443-9603

Self Injury Hotline: 800-DONTCUT (800-366-8288)

Sexual Harassment/Misconduct at School
Youth Advocate Ms. Johnson:, Room 207, 708.434.3714
Or you can report to another trusted OPRF adult, who will report to Ms. Johnson to investigate. Click here for the OPRF flowchart poster that shows the process.

National Suicide Prevention 24-hour hotline: 800-273-8255. Also has online chatting available on its website.

Worried about a Friend
Contact your counselor (click here for contact info) or one of the OPRF social workers, listed to the right.

OPRF Social Workers and Support Groups
Free and confidential help with any personal issues. If your social worker is out or you prefer to see one of the same gender, contact one of the other social workers below.

Also, more than a dozen student support groups meet on topics that include anger management, gender identity, and separation and divorce. More information.

If your counselor is Ms. Ambrose, Ms. Cahill, or Mr. Hobson:
Ms. Calcuttawala, Room 208, 708.434-3238 

If your counselor is Ms. Johnson, Ms. Ojikutu, or Mr. Radziszewski:
Ms. Makely, Room 207, 708-4343733

If your counselor is Ms. Fuentes, Mr. Nixen, or Ms. VenHorst:
Mr. Ecker, Room 207, 708-434-3734

If your counselor is Ms. Hanson, Mr. Herbst, or Mr. Sherman:
Ms. Madock, Room 308, 708-434-3728

If your counselor is Ms. Lynch, Mr. Medina, or Mr. Sponsler:
Ms. Benson, Room 272, 708-434-3730

Not sure who your counselor is? Contact any OPRF social worker listed above.