Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Oak Park River Forest Community Foundation Scholarships and Enrichment Grants
- OPRFHS Scholarship Foundation
The Community Foundation is a local foundation solely devoted to philanthropy. The foundation offers students opportunities for college scholarships, as well as educational enrichment grants and professional development grants for students of all ages. Some opportunities are exclusively for OPRFHS students. Click below to learn more.
Since 1924, the Oak Park and River Forest High School Scholarship Foundation has awarded college scholarships to hundreds of OPRFHS graduates who have demonstrated academic excellence, initiative, leadership, and financial need. In recent years, the foundation has increased the number of scholarships that are given each spring, enabled in large part by the generosity of parents, retirees, alumni, and friends of the high school.
In 2022, 79 students were awarded $179,500 in scholarships. Click here for more information.
- ACS: Scholarship, grant, fellowships, and internship information specifically for members of underrepresented groups who pursue professions in chemistry related sciences.
- Adventures in Education: An interactive site that offers information and services to help finance an education, select a college, and plan a career.
- Broke Scholar
- Clean and Recovery Scholarship Essay Contest: Offers scholarship money for writing about binge drinking on college campuses.
- College Board
- College Insight: This website allows you to compare financial and demographic data for colleges across the country.
- CollegeNET: Contains over 600,000 awards totaling over $1.6 billion. Allows key word search.
- College Sports Scholarships: College athletic recruiting information from a father-son team that navigated the system. The site has various articles and tool related to how to contact college coaches and apply for a sports scholarship.
- CollegeXpress: Database of more than 200,000 awards, features its own $10,000 scholarship.
- Diversity Abroad: Financial resources to travel and study abroad
- EducationUSA: U.S. Department of State network for international students
- eduPASS: Guide to studying in the United States
- Edvisors: Resource for finding student loans.
- FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Fastweb: A free searchable database.
- Federal Student Aid: The government's guide to student aid
- Finaid: A free searchable database
- FindTuition.com: A free searchable database
- Free-4U.com: An excellent site that lists scholarships for each ethnic background
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund: A free online scholarship database for Latinos
- IEFA: Specializes in scholarships for international students and study abroad
- International Student:International aid finder
- Mapping Your Future: Information designed to help you plan your career, select a school. And pay for your education. From the Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corporation.
- NAFSA: Association for International Educators
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Sallie Mae: Federal college loan program
- ScholarshipHunter.com: A free scholarship database
- Scholarship Positions: International and US scholarships
- Study in the USA: Resource guide for international students
- UNCF: A large listing of scholarships available to African-American graduate and undergraduate students who attend or attended UNCF member Institutions.
- Unigo: A free scholarship database
- Wells Fargo College Steps: Financial aid resource