Student Support Groups
Please contact your counselor or social worker for questions or referrals to the groups below.
- Beyond the Binary: For students interested in gender support. It focuses on skills for cultivating a positive self-identity, managing feelings of gender dysphoria, navigating relationships with family and friends, and fostering self-care/gender euphoria.
- Conversation Vs. Confrontation: How To Ask For What You Need: Teaches students about the different styles of communication, and how to identify their style and shift toward a more assertive style. Students also learn ways to increase self-advocacy across different settings, role-play making assertive statements, and practice I-statements and reflective listening.
- GIRLS (Girls In Real Life Situations): Designed to give students an opportunity to feel empowered, gain self-awareness, increase self-confidence, develop positive coping skills, improve daily problem-solving skills, and feel a connection to other students.
- Mind Over Matter: For students interested in learning strategies to manage feelings of sadness, anxiety, and stress. This group focuses on four skills used in dialectical behavior therapy including mindfulness, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness, and emotional regulation.
- Stronger Together: Focuses on increasing social skills and developing appropriate peer interactions and self-awareness.
- Think First: Focuses on reducing anger by managing emotions and increasing decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- We Will Thrive: For students who have had significant traumatic experiences and stressful situations. It uses a skill-building approach focused on reducing symptoms associated with trauma and to develop positive coping mechanisms.
- Why Try: Provides simple, hands-on strategies for students who are unmotivated, focusing on improving engagement and increasing academic success.