Summer School and Summer Camps 2021
Summer School 2021
Dates: Monday through Thursday, June 14 - July 22
July 5 will be observed as a holiday. Summer school will be in session on July 9.
Session length: We will continue to offer only 24-day classes. The daily class schedule will be as follows:
- Period 1: 8:00 – 10:15 a.m., one semester credit
- Period 2: 10:25 a.m. – 12:40 p.m., one semester credit
- Period 3: 12:50 – 3:05 p.m., one semester credit
Cost: The course fee will remain $250 per class, with some courses having additional lab fees. We will continue to waive all summer school fees for all students who qualify for free and reduced lunch to help make summer school more accessible to all our students.
- Feb. 1 - 5: Rising seniors/current juniors can register early by contacting their counselors.
- Feb 8 - Feb 12: Registration for current OPRF student opens at 6 p.m. on Feb. 8.
- Feb 16 - 19: Registration for incoming freshmen and out-of-district students opens at 6 p.m. on Feb. 16.
- March 19 at 11:59 p.m.: Online registration closes.
2021 Summer School Course Catalog Coming Soon
Summer Camps 2021
Due to the continued uncertainty regarding COVID and Youth Sports, as well as the extended IHSA high school season into late June, and potential COVID protocols and restrictions on group gatherings, we will not be able to sponsor a Youth Summer Camp program in 2021. We realize that our Youth Camp Program is a significant connection between the school district and our community, and we also know that families need time to plan logistical arrangements for their children when they attend these type of activities. With that in mind, we feel this is the best decision at this time, so that families can make alternative plans for their children this summer.
Please note that this decision currently affects only the Youth Summer Camps and Huskie Swim Camp (children up to incoming 8th grade students). Offering a robust summer camp experience for our high school students remains a priority for us. We are still reviewing plans for our High School Camp Program (incoming 9-12th grade students) and final decisions have yet to be determined. However, our ability to run these programs may depend upon local, state, and federal guidelines regarding group activities.
We will continue to share information on our summer camp programs as it becomes available.
2021 Summer School Driver Ed class information Coming Soon